There’s been a lot of talk already on the topic of processing emotions. How the negative emotions are more useful than positive ones. And also how being emotionally honest supports us in our day to day life. If you haven’t checked out those posts yet, please do. This will make a lot more sense.
Today I’m going to share a process with you that’s been incredibly helpful and healing for me.
It’s allowed me to:
- Express my emotions.
- Forgive myself and others.
- Learn the lessons from negative emotions.
- Find my passion.
- Accept what I didn’t want to accept.
Before you begin I want you to know that this is a daily process. I know that you don’t want to hear about how it’s going to take time to heal. But yes, that’s true. It will take time.
Remember you spent all these years denying your emotions and pushing them down. Why would you even dare to imagine that you’ll be able to resolve a lifetime of negativity in 3 days?
What you’ll need:
- A journal of some sort.
- A pen.
- A picture of yourself when you were younger. (I have it on my phone.)
I do this process anywhere from 1-3 times a day, depending on how I feel. If I wake up and I’m ready to go and I feel connected with myself. I’ll only do this process once per day. Typically 2-3 hours after I wake up.
However, if I’m feeling negative, there’s probably something that’s come up. Something that wants to exit my body and teach me a lesson. That’s why I sometimes take out my notebook (journal) in the middle of the day. I use this journal.
The process is actually really simple on paper. Most of the work happens in your mind, or should I say your heart. This process is based on YOU, allowing yourself to be honest. Expressing your deepest feelings and emotions and figuring out what caused them.
If you’re not going, to be honest. If you’re not going to take off the mask that you’ve been wearing for years. Do not even bother with starting this process.
But to those who are ready. Ready to feel the emotions and be honest with themselves. Prepare yourself for the wildest journey of your entire life. The more you do this, the more your life will start to shift towards your dreams. It will happen even if you have no clue what you want to do in your life.
I want you to do this at least once a day. Preferably in the morning or even better when you feel a strong negative emotion come up.
- Open up your journal and write the date and time into the top corner.
- Place your picture somewhere where you can clearly see it and you don’t have to hold it.
- With your dominant handwrite to the ‘’little you’’ / inner child. Ask him how he/she is doing, feeling.
- Switch to the other hand and in your mind while looking at the picture, ask your inner child the same question one more time. Try and connect with it.
- Then let go completely and wait for a response. Do not think. Just act. You will start writing and communicating with your inner child.
- Once she/he replies, reply back with your dominant hand. Remember to be care and kind. Think of yourself as the parent of that scared little child. Continue with the conversation and really try to help him/her. Ask what is it that is making him/her unhappy, what you can do to fix it, etc.
It’s very important that you convince your inner child that everything is ok. Make him/her feel safe and comfortable. The more you talk to your inner child, the more it will respond back and open itself up to you. When you achieve that you are being 100% honest with yourself. Remember to keep on switching hands and talking to your inner child for as long as needed.
Your inner child will give you suggestions, tips and advice on what you should do/change in order to be happy. This is the most important part of the entire process. LISTEN TO IT.
Do exactly what your inner child asks you to do because it’s what you WANT to do. You may not even realize it but trust me it’s true.
Take action on what you feel is right.
Before you leave, thank your inner child for trusting you. Make him/her feel loved, say that you’ll be back as soon as you can and thank him/her for their time.
This is the entire process. It really is that simple, but it does take time, patience and work. You may not achieve the connection on the first time, but the key is to keep trying and keep on working.
Also, take care of your body, I don’t know why but on the days that I exercise, I feel a much better and deeper connection.
If you need any more help, let me know.
Thanks for your time.
Until next time,